We help you rule the notebook.
Most 2D shooters are set against a gritty modern or futuristic location, but not Scribble Hero. Each of the game's 50 stages take place in a notebook filled with doodles, as hero Sketch attempts to rescue the beautiful Dot from the clutches of aliens. Thankfully, he can wield a variety of powerful weapons and items to get the job done, but if you're stuck, don't panic. Our Scribble Hero cheats and tips guide will help you dominate those virtual pages.
Tip: Don't stand near the edges of the screen. It's dangerous.
Get A Grip On The Controls
At first, Scribble Hero's controls may seem intimidating, but are actually quite simple. Sketch shoots in a specific direction depending on the page. Left page? He shoots towards the right. Right page? He shoots towards the left. Just remember to maneuver him by dragging a finger along the bottom of the screen to keep the majority of the playfield unobstructed.
Tip: Pick up gold coins whenever possible. You'll need this virtual currency to buy weapons and items in the Shop.
Use Bombs Strategically
Some enemies leave behind bombs after death; you unlock bombs in the tutorial. Collecting one makes it explode, taking out enemies within the blast radius. That said, it's always a great idea to wait until a bunch of bad guys are around before activating a bomb.
Tip: A bomb will not only kill aliens, but also blow up other bombs in the area.
Experiment With New Weapons
No offense, but Sketch's default weapon lacks the stopping power necessary to beat the toughest stages. At least on the positive side, Scribble Hero comes with a handful of more powerful items in the Shop. You can even upgrade each gun. Spend wisely.
Tip: You can activate a preview of each weapon before making a purchase.
- Blastinator (2,500 Coins): Two barrels are better than one.
- Matter Scatterer (8,000 Coins): Now with faster reloads.
- Zappatizer (4,000 Coins): Shoot mad lightning and pick up a bonus hit with chain lightning.
- Death Ray Omega (4,000 Coins): The energy weapon of the future, today.
- Berzooka (1,500 Coins): Everything's better when you add grenades. Pack of five.
- Doodle Destroyer (140,000 Coins): All the best guns rolled into one to make the biggest baddest weapon around.
Unlock All Utilities
Sometimes, weapons aren't enough. That being the case, you could use an even greater edge on the battlefield, and to get it, purchase and then upgrade the following utilities, bombs included.
Tip: Low on health? Keep an eye out for hearts, and pick them up pronto.
- Bomb Blast Boost (500 Coins): Blow up more bad guys by running over these bombs.
- Time Warp Boost (500 Coins): Make your enemies move in slow motion while you make trouble.
- Eraser Shield Boost: A shielding circle of erasers rubs out the bad guys before they get to you.
- Massive Missile Boost (500 Coins): Make the bullets bigger with this boost.
- Money Magnet Boost (500 Coins): Watch the money come rolling in, literally.
- Bonus Ghost (750 Coins): Come back to life with a little heart.
- White Out Grenade (750 Coins): Splat! Make enemies disappear. Pack of five.
- Red Marker of Death (1,500 Coins): Red means dead. Draw a line and watch enemies explode as they hit it. Pack of five.
- Black Hole Punch (1,500 Coins): Punch a hole and drop enemies into it. Pack of five.
- Death Blossom (1,500 Coins): A storm of destruction so awesome, we named it after a flower. Pack of five.
Don't Forget About Sidekicks
Sketch is more than capable of handling the aliens by his lonesome, but hey, it's always a good idea to bring a computer-controlled buddy along for the slaughter.
- Burner (3,500 Coins): Toast enemies behind you with Burner's bad breath attack.
- Cybark (2,000 Coins): Cybark slices through enemies by spitting killer gears.
- Felina (9,000 Coins): Felina and her firepower really let the fur fly by shooting up and down.
- Zombert (7,000 Coins): This zombie likes bullet, not brains. Absorb any flying objects with Zombert.
Even WWE Wrestler The Undertaker Can Appreciate These Tombstones
Death is only the beginning. Send a powerful message from the beyond the grave by equipping the following tombstones, complete with upgrades.
- Zombified Tombstone (1,000 Coins): Reanimate zombies beneath the ground to drag your foes under.
- Flaming Tombstone (4,000 Coins): This tombstone is red hot. One touch sets enemies on fire.
- Portal Puncher Tombstone (2,000 Coins): Create an instant trapdoor to the underworld.
- Midas Mausoleum (20,000 Coins): Turns monsters into coins.
Buy More Coins
If you play iPhone and iPad games, then you already know the drill. There are coins just waiting to be bought, so long as you have the dough.
Tip: Just because you bought something doesn't mean it's equipped. You'll need to do that from the Equip screen, which appears before a mission.
Coins: Bag of 112,000 ($19.99), Small Bag of 4,000 ($0.99), Mega Bag of 14,500 ($2.99), Ultra Bag of 52,000 ($9.99), Ultimate Bag of 300,000 ($49.99).