Has this frantic runner got the better of you? We'll get you over the finishing line.
If you think you're really up for a challenge, you can do a lot worse than grab Robert Szleney's Line Runner 2. It's a frantic runner that will push your reflexes to their limits, and we gave the game 4 out of 5 stars in our review earlier today.
If the game's got the better of you, here are all of our top hints and tips for this clever mobile game.
- There are only two controls you have to worry about in the game. Tapping on the left-hand side of the screen will cause you runner to roll underneath any obstacles. The right-hand side of the screen is for controlling jumps - tap for a short hop, or hold down to leap further.
- As soon as you're ready to deal with the current obstacle, keep your eyes focused on the screen just ahead. You may find that blocks change their position, so it's critical that you're aware of any upcoming changes as they happen.
- We don't recommend moving on from the first starting track until you've truly mastered this section of the game. This is a comparatively gentle track, and will teach you everything you need to know for when things get much more challenging.
- Think you've pulled off a pretty special run? Once it's over, tap on the movie camera icon to share your attempt with the world.
- The coin magnet is handy, but it's going to cost you 500 coins each time you use it at the start of a run. Don't dip into this until you're making good progress through the track at hand, so you get the maximum benefit from it.
- Choosing the shield before the start of a run will not only protect you from death as a result of your first mistake, it will also destroy some of the scenery up ahead - making the next few precious seconds far safer.
- If you want a head-start in the game, try activating the power-up that lets you start your run 500 meters into the level. Note that this will cost you 2,000 coins so use it sparingly.
- Need an extra life? For 5000 coins you can get a second chance at success. This power-up will activate immediately upon death, but don't waste this much money until you're making a lot of progress with the game. There's no point getting a second life after stumbling on the first obstacle!
- If you've got coins burning a whole in your pocket, you can either unlock new backdrops for you to run against, or outfit your runner with a new costume - Santa Claus, anyone?
- If you want to get more coins in Line Runner 2, you can add a Like to the game on Facebook via the app, or watch some promotional videos for a small injection of cash.