Practice makes perfect, but maybe we can help you out in the meantime.
If you're looking for a new card-battling game to sink your teeth into, then you can do an awful lot worse than pick up Gameloft's new game, Order & Chaos - Duels. We reviewed the game earlier today, awarding it 3.5 out of 5 stars, now here are all of our top hints and tips for the game.
- It's incredibly easy to forget about your Hero's special ability and fall victim to your opponent's better memory! Hero cards take a certain amount of time to become active, but when they do they confer special advantages such as extra Mana or direct damage to your opponent. Keep a close eye on the light indicators on top of the card, and be ready to make the most of things.
- You can't create a second hero in Order & Chaos until you've worked your way through the game's pretty meaty tutorial, so choose carefully. While you're learning the game, we recommend picking a Hero who favors survival over raw damage.
- Certain cards that you draw aren't laid on the play area, rather they can be activated immediately. Some will protect a Minion that you've played, while others affect your opponent's Minions or Hero. Keep an eye out for these so you don't mess up your strategy.
- You can't spend enough time in the Deck Manager, familiarizing yourself with the cards that are available to you. If you don't know your deck, you don't know your strengths - and weaknesses - so whenever you unlock a new card, review your deck and see where it fits in and compliments your playstyle.
- Don't have enough Mana to play your ideal card? You can sacrifice one card in exchange for one Mana point, once per round. If you're carrying a card that you don't feel will fit into the round's strategy, throw it into the graveyard pile if it means you can deal a powerful Minion.
- It's not just important to learn how your own deck works, it's important to learn what you're going up against. Take the time to review the cards that your opponent has in their hand by tapping on them to zoom closer on the abilities. Spend as much time understanding why they've played each card to improve your counters in future matches.
- If you're looking to boost your deck in Order & Chaos - Duels, don't forget to check into the cards menu system once per day. You'll often be able to get your hands on a Common card for free, although you'll still need premium currency for Ancient or Legendary cards. You can also buy Common cards for in-game cash as you earn it.
- It's almost always worth spending your turn's Mana on any defensive cards that are dealt into your hand. Without your hero alive, you can't beat the opposition. If you're close to a decisive victory, then by all means get another Minion on the battlefield - otherwise, shore up your defenses!
- Stay away from the ranked multiplayer matches until you've made a solid attempt at the single-player Campaign. This section of the game will not only teach you the skills you'll need to stay alive online, you'll also build up a decent selection of cards for your deck.
- If you're really struggling to make progress with the game, consider switching over to a different class of Hero altogether. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, so don't be afraid to experiment and find a Hero that works for you.