How to master this devilishly addictive new match-up game.
Have you grown bored or frustrated with Candy Crush Saga? If so there's a new block-clearing game in town, and it goes by the name of Fruit Mania. The developers at TeamLava have managed to concoct a seriously addictive little time-killer, and so we've put together some equally useful hints and tips for getting on top of the game.
- Pay very close attention to the objectives you've been set for each level, and these are viewable at the top right-hand corner of the screen. For most of the levels, you'll be bringing down every baby that you can for a three-star rating, but sometimes you'll have to get one specific character to the bottom of the screen. Make sure you're prioritizing the objective of the level at all times!
- The Color Mode levels set a very specific challenge for you. You'll need to collect juice of a certain color, so prioritize both clearing and setting up new chains of that color. Always aim big here - if taking out a different color will set up a huge clearance of the objective color, go ahead and set it up. Big combos mean big percentage gains here, and you'll need every bit of help you can get.
- If you really get stuck, you can make use of your blender power-up. In order to activate this, tap on the blender icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, then select a column of juice. Even if there are lots of different colors in that column, they'll all be blended into oblivion when you activate this power-up!
- Be very careful whenever a level presents you with a limited number of moves. Always balance setting up big combos with actually clearing juice off the board, and always try and match your objective progress accordingly.
- If you're tasked to bring a certain number of babies down to the bottom of the screen within a set number of moves, make sure you're setting up chains that stretch across the screen horizontally as much as possible. There's no way of knowing where the next baby will appear along the top line, so sweeping across the board can really help here.
- Don't be tempted to quit out of a game if it's going badly - you never know what will happen in an upcoming board match-up, and that blender can really make the difference. Before you even think about abandoning a level, make sure you've at least used up any free power-ups that have been granted to you on the board.
- Be aware of the pipe obstacles that line the course. These will block the downward passage of any babies that are situated above them. If you're presented with a level that's stuffed with these pipes on one side in particular, that's a great clue that you need to concentrate on clearing from the other side, and have the babies tumble towards the side of the screen that's clear.
- Use Color Busters sparingly! These powerful bonuses can be used to detonate every tile of any one color when they appear. Don't waste them though if you're close to a massive match-up - instead, keep them in the bank for when you get to a very tricky clearance level, and you need one last push to get the level completed.
- Every time you start a level, it will cost you one Energy to begin. You get more Energy back if you clear the level with two or more stars, otherwise you'll need to either wait for the Energy meter to refill over time, or purchase more from the in-app purchase store.
- Play for keys! Don't forget to keep your eye on any challenges that appear at the bottom of the screen. Completing these challenges will reward you with keys which can be used to unlock game rewards. Just be careful you don't get so focused on completing a Challenge that you fail the mission objective! Treat them as bonuses.
- If you see a colored box on the screen, that means a baby is contained within it. To complete the level, you're not just going to have to bring that baby to the bottom of the screen, you're also going to have to pop the box first. To do this, get the box in a match-up of the same color, then pop the match-up to release the baby!