E3 2006: 10:15 Nintendo Conference Update
Updated by the minute, check it out.
Nintendo DS announcements as they happen:
- 16 million Nintendo DS systems sold to date. Reports PSP has sold millions less.
- Nintendogs has sold 6 million copies in 13 months.
- Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection has 1.3 million unique users, 40 million sessions, within half a year.
- Brain Age has sold 5 million copies in Japan, too soon to tell for North America, but so far it has sold 120,000 in 3 weeks, much better rate than Japan.
- Announces Touch Generations, a plan to bring over a large variety of unique brain titles including Sudoku and Brain Age.
- Pokemon Blue/Red Mystery Dungeon has sold 1.4 million Japan, will debut in North America on September 18.
- Reveals Yoshi's Island 2, with Baby Mario, Peach, and DK.
- Reveals Diddy Kong Racing with Wi-Fi multiplayer.
- Reveals Star Fox DS with stylus control.
- It should be noted that Final Fantasy III looks pretty fantastic in full 3D.
- Reveals Tony Hawk Downhill Jam with online play and voice chat.
- Reveals that Zelda Phantom Hourglass for DS picks up where Wind Waker left off. Uses stylus for sailing, sword fighting, boomerang.
- 100+ new DS games planned for the new year.
- Shows off Mario Hoops, 3-on-3 multiplayer.
- Reveals Mario vs. DK: March of the Minis