Halo: Mobile Portal Now Live
Check XBox Live Stats, download Halo voice tones and wallpaper, get exclusive news, and more...
Mobile game developer & publisher In-Fusio announced today the launch of the Halo: Mobile Portal on Verizon's Get it Now service. The portal itself is free, and provides Halo fans with a variety of services, incuding access to realtime Xbox Live stats. To access certain Halo: Mobile Portal features, such as wallpapers or voice tones, tokens must be purchased and then redeemed, and there is a minimum token purchase required, when the portal is initially downloaded.
A complete list of Halo: Mobile Portal features:
* Wallpapers - Artwork based on popular and even rare Halo images, including the forthcoming Halo 3, will be available to download, featuring the humans, Covenant, other inhabitants and various game environments. Fans can even create their own custom Master Chief wallpaper - choosing from poses featuring various weapons and different armor colors - and then set it up as the backdrop for the screen of their phone.
* Ring tones - Tones developed exclusively for the Halo: Mobile Portal will be available and will include Halo music, in-game sound effects and actual dialogue from the game, featuring the voices of Master Chief, Cortana, Sgt. Johnson, a Grunt, an Elite and a Marine (voiced by comedian David Cross).
* Xbox Live Gamertag Stats - The ability to retrieve statistics from Xbox Live on any player's recent Halo games by entering the appropriate Gamertag.
* "SMS Challenges" - An option which will allow fans to send a message via their phone to a buddy to set-up a time to play, talk trash, or discuss anything they want without having to leave the Halo: Mobile Portal.
* The Vault - The section will feature a locked area which can only be accessed through one of the many codes hidden throughout the world of Halo, giving fans access to limited edition content.
* The Halo Story - This section will include re-caps of the various elements of Halo Universe and new stories as they are revealed.
* Tips - An area where fans can get regularly updated advice on improving their Halo gameplay skills.
* TXT Alerts - The option to receive breaking Halo news alerts right to the handset.
The Halo: Mobile Portal is available on a wide variety of Verizon handsets, including Kyocera KX1 and KX2; LG VX4500, VX4600, VX4650, VX4700, VX5200, VX6000, VX6100, VX7000, VX8000 and VX8100; Motorola 840, E815, v260, v265, v276, v325, RAZR V3c, RAZR V3m and v710; Samsung a570, a670, a790, a795, a850, a950 and n330; as well as the Verizon Wireless CDM 8615, CDM 8900, CDM 8910 and CDM 8940.
We'll have more on the Halo: Mobile Portal, including an interview with In-Fusio about the genesis of the Portal and how it will grow in the future, a little later this week.