Geometry Wars Mobile Announced
Take your Xbox360 addiction with you wherever you go...
It was recently announced that Geometry Wars Mobile was in the works, to be published, oddly, by Sony BMG. Although the original Geometry Wars wasn't developed by Microsoft (PGR3 developer Bizarre creations made the title), it still has become synonymous with "Xbox," which makes the news slightly strange, as first glance. Here's a complete list of features:
"Publisher: Sony BMG Music Entertainment
Developer: Hardcore3D Wireless in conjunction with Bizarre Creations
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved Mobile is the Xbox Live Arcade's smash hit faithfully brought to mobile devices. A modern arcade-style game in the spirit of Robotron: 2084, Asteroids, and Tempest, the player controls a "ship" that must annihilate an onslaught of circles, squares, and diamonds. This is the most intense action ever created for cell phones - deep gameplay and simple pick-up-and-play controls combine for the ideal mobile game experience. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved Mobile brings gamers the addictive action of the original, anywhere and anytime.
- The award winning, #1 Xbox 360 Live Arcade smash hit comes to mobile
- From the devious Weavers to fearsome Repulsars, slippery Snakes, and powerful Gravity Wells, it's all here in the mobile version
- In the farthest reaches of the galaxy, evil shapes await. The circles, squares, and diamonds are out to get you - destroy them all!
- Deep gameplay and simple pick-up-and-play controls
- The spectacular visuals will mesmerize as you engage in a limitless, compelling, breathless challenge
- Blast away at enemies with unparalleled precision and intensity, 360 degrees of movement and targeting
- Intuitive "tap" control allows you strafe or fire in front of you
- The weapon system is upgradeable, but only through the point system, upgrading every 10,000 points. New weapon upgrades at 10,000 points, new lives every 75,000 points and new bombs every 100,000 points
- New features such as numerous Challenge Modes (such as Untouchable, Survivor, and Points Monster), where players will try to reach a defined objective. The player can post his best times or scores for each challenge on a local challenge list and a network leader board."
Click the screenshot above for the complete first batch of screenshots.