Nokia Revives Its Classic Candy Bar Phone With Nokia 3310
Nokia is bringing back a classic in the form of its Nokia 3310, a new, shiny “candy bar” phone modeled after the classic Nokia phones from the golden age of cell phones. For a mere €49.99, buyers can grab the Nokia 3310 in Q2 in Warm Red and Yellow, with a special shiny, glossy finish with a polycarbonate exterior or Dark Blue and Grey with matte bodies.
The phone will also feature a massively updated version of the classic phone game Snake, or the game we all played before we could download thousands of apps on our smartphones. It’s obvious this is a creation looking to mine the stores of nostalgia from those who had a Nokia as their first phone ever, but it’s also a budget creation that should do well in a market that’s so smartphone-focused there’s a real lack of throwbacks like this. The idea, according to ex-Nokia and HMD chief product officer Juha Sarvikas, is to have some “detox” from your smartphone, like on the weekend.
The phone’s standby mode offers up to 25.3 days, with a talk time of up to 22.1 hours. HMD acquired the rights to use Nokia licensing for its smartphones going forward, and they’re planning on utilizing familiar models to leverage the brand going forward.
Here are the full specs for the phone:
- System: Dual band 900/1800 MHz
- Software platform: Nokia Series 30+
- Dimensions: 115.6*51.0*12.8mm
- Weight: 79.6 g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4’’ QVGA (240*320)
- two Micro SIM slots
- Curved window with polarised layer for better readability in sunlight
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5mm AV connector,
- Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM
- Camera: 2Mpxl camera with LED flash
- MicroSD card support up to 32 GB
- LED torchlight