You Can Download iOS 10.3 Right Now On Your iOS Device
Find My AirPods, new file system support, and other tweaks are waiting for you.
If you use your iPhone as much as I do, you usually get annoyed when a new update has been released because that means waiting a while to be able to use your iPhone again after it updates. Well, it’s time for that small inconvenience again, as Apple has released iOS 10.3 to the public. I’ve already updated my phone, but if you’re reading this right now and have been swatting away a pesky “update” notification for a few days, you might want to go do the same.
The latest update, iOS 10.3, is a free update (of course) that will add support for Find My AirPods, which you can find via the Find My iPhone function, and more importantly, the Apple File System update, which is in fact optimized for flash and SSD storage, with improved support for encryption. It’s a better file system all the way around, and it should optimize your space sharing and space efficiency overall.
There are several other updates as well, which can be seen via the App Store. Customers will be able to rate reviews as “Helpful” or “Not Helpful” gong forward when it comes to reading through reviews from others. You can even turn off app requests from apps you download altogether, so no more pesky reminders.
There’s a whole cavalcade of new updates that can be found in iOS 10.3, all of which can be found via Apple’s release notes below. Bottom line is, if you use your iPhone a lot, or even if you just use it a little, you’re going to want to download this update.
iOS 10.3 introduces new features including the ability to locate AirPods using Find my iPhone and more ways to use Siri with payment, ride booking and automaker apps.
Find My iPhone
- View the current or last known location of your AirPods
- Play a sound on one or both AirPods to help you find them
- Support for paying and checking status of bills with payment apps
- Support for scheduling with ride booking apps
- Support for checking car fuel level, lock status, turning on lights and activating horn with automaker apps
- Cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to last used apps
- Apple Music Now Playing screen gives access to Up Next and the currently playing song’s album
- Daily curated playlists and new music categories in Apple Music
Other improvements and fixes
- Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
- New Settings unified view for your Apple ID account information, settings and devices
- Hourly weather in Maps using 3D Touch on the displayed current temperature
- Support for searching “parked car" in Maps
- Calendar adds the ability to delete an unwanted invite and report it as junk
- Home app support to trigger scenes using accessories with switches and buttons
- Home app support for accessory battery level status
- Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updated shows
- Podcast shows or episodes are shareable to Messages with full playback support
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Maps from displaying your current location after resetting Location & Privacy
- VoiceOver stability improvements for Phone, Safari and Mail