Vignettes: Tips For Beginners
Vignettes is a new exploration game that's all about messing with perspective. It's an incredibly unique game — strange, but fascinating in its own way. With games like this, it can be easy to be left scratching your head or feeling like there's something you're just not getting. I know firsthand that just looking at the game before playing it can leave you feeling a bit confused. If you're looking to jump into the surrealistic world of Vignettes, but want a couple of starting pointers, then we're here to help out.
Tips for Beginners
- The basic concept of Vignettes is all about rotating objects until their silhouette lines up just right and it becomes a brand new object, so mostly you'll be swiping around a lot. As I mentioned before, it's all about perspective. A lamp can look like a fan if you turn it the right way around.
- While you're mostly swiping, it's important to tap everything you come across as well. Some objects just have fun little effects when you tap them, but others will change the background, which alters what the objects can turn into. You won't be able to progress if you're not tapping and then trying out different rotations under different conditions.
- At the bottom of the screen you'll find a little hyphen looking button. Pressing this will show you a map of sorts, helping you to figure out which objects still have discoveries for you to uncover. It also opens a menu at the bottom, the left most button of which will show you a picture frame that will eventually fill with the objects you find in that level.
- You can keep track of your progress through a particular level via the row of dots at the top of the screen. As you discover objects, these dots will fill out, and you can see how many more are left to find. Helpful if you want to know how much you have left to find but don't want to lean on the map too much.
- Most importantly, just relax and enjoy yourself! This is the kind of game that you just lean back and chill out with. Don't stress over it or try to rush through, just have fun.
For other, less surreal games to play on your iPhone or iPad, check out our Best iOS Games list.