PlayStation Vita 3G Leads WiFi As Pre-Orders Sell Out Online
Japanese online retailers are reporting on the tentative sellout of Vita pre-orders.
Two of Japan's largest online retailers have apparently sold out of their initial pre-order stock of Sony's PlayStation Vita portable. Japanese gaming blog esuteru reports (via RPGSite) that not only have the two largest seemingly sold out, but other smaller retailers like Sofmap, Bic Camera, and Joshin are also out.
Retailer Sinobi also tweeted (via Siliconera) that reservations of the Vita 3G unit counted for 65 percent of his initial pre-orders over the first weekend. The other 35 percent picked up a pre-order for a WiFi unit. 82 percent of people purchased a memory stick with 72 percent picking up the 32GB memory unit.
All in all, it looks like a successful start for Sony's new portable, at least in its home territory. It'll be interesting to see how that translates overseas.
This article appeared on IndustryGamers.