PlayStation Vita: Amazon's Hot Top 20
Find out which games and peripherals made the site's most wanted list.
Sony's PlayStation Vita makes its long awaited U.S. and European debut February 22, and fans have already pre-ordered games, systems and accessories.
That said, we visited Amazon to see what players desire the most, and some of the results were quite shocking, given the negative press. Just goes to show there's still a great disconnect between what the media thinks versus what consumers want.
[List up to date as of January 30, 2012.]
1. PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle- $299.99 (Pre-order)
This is without question the biggest surprise. After all those articles condemning the more expensive 3G Vita (even from this website), shoppers appear to have no qualms forking over three big ones to own it.
Of course, there's a catch. The Amazon 3G launch bundle comes with $55 in bonus content, including an 8GB memory card, DataConnect Session Pass and a mysterious PlayStation Network game. That definitely makes the unit more attractive.
2. PlayStation Vita WiFi- $249.99 (Pre-order)
Of course, not everyone needs 3G. For them, WiFi is just fine, which is why the WiFi Vita took second place. Smart choice.
3. Uncharted: Golden Abyss- $49.99 (Pre-order)
We've known for a while that Nathan Drake's first portable adventure was Vita's biggest game, so this makes perfect sense.
4. PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle- $349.99 (Pre-order)
If the launch bundle doesn't sound appealing, perhaps you'd prefer the highly publicized First Edition Bundle. You still receive a 3G Vita, and for $50 more, a game (Little Deviants) an exclusive case and a 4GB memory card. Even better, you'll receive it February 15, a week before the official launch.
5. 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card- $99.96 (Pre-order)
Look at this. Apparently, shoppers don't care that a 32GB memory card costs $99.99, but hey, people need storage.
6. Wipeout 2048- $29.99 (Pre-order)
Good to see this futuristic racer make the top ten. Not only does it look incredible, but the fast-paced action and cross platform play should make it a launch favorite.
7. PlayStation Vita Protective Film: Two Pack- $9.99 (Pre-order)
Never ceases to amaze us how paranoid people are about accidentally scratching screens, but hey, whatever helps them sleep at night.
8. 8GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card- $29.99 (Pre-order)
This is odd. We expected the 8GB card to take the number five spot over 32GB, or bow out to 16GB. Perhaps eight is indeed enough.
9. PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch- $19.99 (Pre-order)
Unless a system comes with a charging cradle, a carrying case is a must. You also need one for when you're away from home. Smart purchase.
10. PlayStation Vita Starter Kit with Memory Card- $39.99 (Pre-order)
If you want people to buy something, just throw in a memory card. That probably explains why this Vita Starter Kit grabbed number ten, though the 4GB is a bit small. On the flip side, it comes with a pouch, protective film, hard case, headphones and cleaning cloth. Not bad for $40.
11. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational- $29.99 (Pre-order)
The Hot Shots series has always been a PlayStation favorite, and we expect great things from the Vita sequel, World Invitational.
12. PlayStation Vita Cradle- $19.99 (Pre-order)
Ah yes, there's the Vita charging cradle. Looks sexy.
13. 16GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card- $59.96 (Pre-order)
Strange that the 16GB card sits at lucky 13, since we think it's the most ideal one to grab.
14. ModNation Racers: Road Trip- $29.99 (Pre-order)
Gamers sure love kart racing, and Road Trip should suit their needs, with speedy play and a cool track editor that works in tandem with Vita's touch screen and rear touch pad.
15. Lumines: Electronic Symphony- $39.99 (Pre-order)
The original Lumines was arguably the best PSP title in 2005, and there's a chance history may repeat itself with this addictive music infused puzzler.
16. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3- $39.96 (Pre-order)
Need a quality beat-em-up? If so, Capcom will be right there with a port of its console hit, with all the same characters and backgrounds, plus touch screen controls to bust out 36 hit combos.
17. EA Sports FIFA Soccer- $39.99 (Pre-order)
A phenomenal looking port of last year's PlayStation 3 experience, but with two new additions: touch screen passing (so sweet) and rear touch pad shooting (also cool).
18. Rayman Origins- $39.99 (Pre-order)
Ubisoft's outstanding platformer bombed on consoles. Cross your fingers that Vita's audience gives it a sales boost.
19. PlayStation Vita Carrying Case- $19.99 (Pre-order)
Again, you need a case to protect that shiny new Vita from dust and nasty falls. This could be the last line of defense to avoid a cracked screen.
20. Dungeon Hunter Alliance- $39.99 (Pre-order)