Super Meat Boy Going Mobile?
Either we have Mad Cow, or Team Meat plans to bring its critically acclaimed platformer to touch devices. Probably the former.
Team Meat is apparently hard at work trying to shoehorn Super Meat Boy onto unspecified touch devices, according to recent Tweets that go a little something like this:
So a lot of buzz today about us prototyping SMB for touch devices.. a few fun facts: 1.this prototype will not play like SMB!
2. it will be a re-envisioning of SMB remade from scratch for touch. we aren't half assing this if it turns out to be fun.
3. if you liked SMB im sure you will enjoy this (if its good enough to continue on :) ) we just had a few cool ideas and wanted a challange
4. if it turns out it sucks, we will act like it never happened and move on to the next idea :)
5. it wont be a simple game like "doodle jump" it will be a larger more traditional game.
6. IT WONT CONTROL LIKE SMB!!! we promise you we wont make a game with shitty touch controls.
No clue what the result of this will be, but we'll post more info as soon as it becomes available.