Slots: Valentine's Edition Cheats And Tips
Reel in the big wins with our beginner's guide.
We reviewed Slots: Valentine's Edition earlier today, and while we have our reservations about this type of gaming on the App Store, it's a decent slot simulator if you crave the chimes and tinkles of the casino experience. If you're finding the terminology of the game a little confusing though, here's some handy hints and tips for how to play it.
- Before each spin of the reels, you can set the number of lines you want to play, as well as the size of the bet. Note that the bet is applied to each line you select, so careful you don't stack everything you've got on one spin.
- If a Wild symbol comes up on the machine, it will count as every other symbol in a line, except for the Scatter or Bonus symbols.
- Scatter symbols give you free spins of the machine. They're counted up wherever they appear on the screen - match five of them and you'll get 20 free spins, match four and you'll get 10 extra spins, while matching three rewards you with just five.
- In order to access the mini-games included with Slots: Valentine's Edition, you'll need to match up three of the Bonus symbols that occasionally come around on the reels. These must all align with one of the paylines you've chosen to bet on.
- Each table has its own set of paylines. To view these lines, hit the Pay Table icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to see how they're spread across the screen.
- You'll only receive the payout associated with the highest win on each line. Get more than one winning combination in any payline and only the highest value will pay out.
- If you want to play the maximum number of lines on a spin, hit the Max Lines button - make sure you have enough money to make the bet though.
- If you want to unlock the mini-game on any table, you'll need to line up three or more of the Bonus symbols within any one active payline.
- When selecting objects in the mini-game, be aware that some of these will be traps, and you'll lose all the bonuses you've accumulated if you reveal one. It's best not to be too greedy when playing the mini-game, as sooner or later the machine will take it all away from you!