Puzzle Restorer Cheats And Tips
We'll make you a dab hand at these painting puzzles in no time.
Gavina Games' Puzzle Restorer was released on the App Store earlier this week, and we awarded the game 3.5 out of 5 stars in our review yesterday. If all this puzzle painting has left you scratching your head, here are some useful hints and tips as well as a visual guide to solving the first set of puzzles.
- To complete a puzzle, you need to make the grid canvas match the little photo at the top of the screen. To fill in colors, you need to start your brush-stroke in a colored square, and then draw the line through the area you wish to fill. You need to finish your line at a block of the same color. Hit the tick sign to apply the paint.
- You only get a certain number of paint blobs and brush-strokes to complete your masterpiece with. We've yet to find a puzzle that leaves you with a single blob left over, so always plan your routes as efficiently as possible.
- The color black over-rides all other colors. This means that you can run your line through a black square without distorting the finished puzzle - very useful when you only have a single brush-stroke but need to cover multiple, separate regions.
- You can mix colors together too, so combining yellow with red makes orange for example. Note though that as orange already contains yellow, combining the two will still result in orange.
- If you're struggling to maintain concentration by checking the big picture while working on your masterpiece, try to adjust to using only the minimized guide. You can usually guess the distance you need to cover by working out the relative coverage of other colors.
- Finally, here are the solutions to the first set of puzzles to give you an idea of how things work. We've left out the final move so you can see the answer - just finish the line off by joining it up to the right color tile.
Level 1: Rectangle
Level 2: Circle
Level 3: Silhouette
Level 4: Plane
Level 5: Cat
Level 6: Cowboy
Level 7: Piet
Level 8: Glass
Level 9: Potion
Level 10: Ghost
Level 11: Cherries
Level 12: Crates
Level 13: Note
Level 14: Tomato
Level 15: Screen
Level 16: House