Real Racing 3 Drag Racing Guide
Sharpen your reflexes and get ready to dominate these racing duels.
Last month, we brought your our general cheats and tips guide for Firemonkey's Real Racing 3. Now we're going to head a little deeper into some of the specific events in the game, so that you can get the winning edge. Here's our guide to making a nice pile of cash from the very lucrative drag racing events - you're still going to need nerves of steel though...
- There's good money to be made from drag racing, but you want your car to be in top condition to make sure you take home the most prestigious podium prize. We recommend maintaining a highly upgraded car that you use solely for these events, and compete with it whenever the repair timers have finished.
- Getting off the starting line cleanly and quickly is the most important part of ensuring you win a drag race. There's a random period of time to wait before the green light appears, so keep your finger hovered just above the Launch button and be ready to smack it as soon as the colors change!
- Once you're off and away, it's incredibly important that you switch up your gears at just the right moment. There's no steering to worry about here, just make sure you that you change gear the very second the needle heads into the red area. Get accustomed to the sound of your drag racing vehicle's engine too, as this will give you important audio clues for when to change gear.
- Don't be put off if your opponent is a little further ahead than you. If you get the gear switch correct, you can still overtake them and get to the finishing line first. This is why it pays to keep your car upgraded to as high a degree as you can, so that you have the ultimate edge at high speeds.
- You need to beat three opponents to emerge victorious from the drag racing events. They'll get tougher to beat as you head through the heats too - you can treat the first two as a warm-up, but you'll need to be on your toes for the final face-off.