8 Ball Pool iOS & Android Cheats And Tips
All our hints and tips for mastering the game.
- You're not going to get off to a great run of pots if you don't pay careful attention to your power meter. Always be thinking of the next shot coming up, and use only the right amount of power to complete your first pot and leave yourself in a great position for the next.
- You only have a limited amount of time to take each shot. Once you hear the timer ticking louder, you need to act quickly or you'll forfeit your turn.
- Potting the black before you've cleared all of your designated balls will hand victory to your opponent. Be very careful about playing hard and fast shots while there are still plenty of balls left on the table.
- If you don't think you can make a pot on your current attempt, maybe you can snooker your opponent? Avoid the temptation to smash into the pack and hope you get lucky - instead, play a soft angular shot that will give your opponent something to think about.
- There are three power-ups you can use on the table: one will improve the aiming lines you're provided with, the next allows you to apply greater spin to the cue ball, and the third increases the maximum power available. You'll get a handful of these as you level up, but more are available to buy from the in-app purchase store.
- In order to unlock new tables, you need to level up. Don't be too keen to rush to the next one though, as the stakes get progressively higher as you work your way through the tables. Stick to the low-stakes challenges while you're learning the game.
- Different cues are available from the in-app purchase store - some for cash, some for game currency. If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, you can upgrade your cue but note that these only provide a cosmetic effect.
- If your opponent pots the white, don't forget that you'll be able to freely place the cue ball wherever you wish before your next shot. Make use of this to set up a series of great pots and clinch victory!
- The game will warn you if you're about to hit an incorrect ball type by placing a red circle with a line through it over the target ball. Pay attention so you don't give away an easy free shot!
- To add spin to the cue ball, first line up your shot, then tap on the white cue ball icon found in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Set the spin you want to achieve, then apply the power meter to take your shot.