The Blockheads Update Expands Multiplayer Mode
You can now play with up to 32 other world-builders.
David Frampton's hugely successful sandbox world-building game The Blockheads has been updated to support up to 33 players in a single world. In order to take advantage of this new functionality, you'll need to download the hosting software from the Mac App Store, or from the game's official website. Alternatively, you can now connect with up to five other players via local wi-fi.
As well as this significant increase to the game's multiplayer component, a number of gameplay additions have also been included in the new update. Here's the complete breakdown of what's new:
- Dig for treasure! New golden treasure chests containing valuable items.
- Pinch to zoom out to a map view that shows all the way from lava to space, and allows you to easily see everything and zoom into specific areas.
- Signs! Label your rooms and chests, or leave messages for other players.
- Use time crystals to teleport from anywhere in the world to any portal instantly!
- New advanced beds allow your blockheads to sleep much faster and stay awake longer.
- Craft shelves to display items and easily see where everything is stored.
- New metal blocks allow you to build strong walls that look awesome and are hard to destroy.
- The expected change to your inventory is now tracked across actions. So for example if you queue up crafting 3 tin ingots, you can now immediately queue up crafting a tin bucket.
- Find limes in limestone!
- Seven new achievements.