Groove Racer Cheats And Tips
Get into the groove of this free-to-play racer with our game guide.
Groove Racer is a fun if throwaway arcade racer that will bring back many a childhood memory of sitting hunched forward on the carpet playing with your Scalextric, occasionally electrocuting yourself by touching the contact points. Happy days.
We gave the game a score of 4 out of 5 in our review earlier today, now here are our top hints and tips for getting your next race off to a flying start.
- In order to unlock new track packs without spending real money, you need to have netted a certain number of trophies in total. Each event awards a maximum three trophies, and they only get harder to get as you head through the game. If you're struggling to unlock new tracks, go back to the beginning and work your way through the early, easier challenges until you have all three trophies from each event.
- Don't automatically brake hard just because there's a red section of track coming up. Very often you can use a sharp twist to bring you into a perfectly aligned straight, allowing you to get an early start on building up some serious speed.
- Always keep the number of laps in mind before starting a race, and know when you're on the final lap. Why? Well as long as you get the vehicle over the finishing line of the final lap, it doesn't matter if you fly out of control. If you're heading down the final stretch of tarmac, you don't need to worry about the bend just after the line.
- We recommend turning off the automatic braking assist very early on in your time with the game. Having it activated will stop you from achieving the very best times, even if it does make life a little easier. That said, it's very, very useful for getting you through the first set of tracks while maximizing trophies for future track unlocks.
- If you really can't unlock any more tracks, but you want to make further progress in the game, you can unlock an entire set of races simply by connecting to Facebook via the game. Alternatively, you can spend a little money to open up the entire game - and remove those ads at the same time.
- Watch out for a series of red triangles laid down on the tarmac. When you hit these your vehicle will be given a speed boost that can seriously derail your lap time if you're not careful. Make sure your vehicle has stopped jackknifing before you touch these.