Deus Ex: The Fall Cheats And Tips
Deus Ex: The Fall hit the App Store today, and while we felt the game had a few rough edges when we reviewed it earlier today, there's no denying it's a solid entry in the Deus Ex universe. If you're new to the series, here are some helpful hints and tips to help you settle into the action.
- Don't forget to change your stance as the situation demands. Crouching down using the icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen will take you out of sight from an enemy, but you'll move more slowly around the room while in this position. The good news is you'll also move more quietly too, so hunker down before heading in for a sneaky attack.
- Like previous Deus Ex games, The Fall makes extensive use of a cover system. If you want to stay undetected, look out for the objects highlighted with orange lines. When you get close to these pieces of scenery a new Cover button will become available. Tap it to move snugly into position. You can then peer around the sides of cover areas by tapping left or right.
- You're safely behind cover, but need to move past the watchful eyes of the enemy into a new cover area. How do you do this? Well, if the Cover Transfer icon appears on the screen, you can tap on it to dive into the next safe zone. Always keep an eye out for this handy means of secretively navigating an environment.
- Get accustomed to using the weapon drop-down system early on, as you'll soon have to switch between weapons to get the job done. Head into the weapons screen via the pause menu, then drag your selection of weapons to the quick-slot bank. You can then swap between firearms during play by pulling down on the bar at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- We found the automatic targeting system to be less reliable than manual aim - although it's a life-saver once your cover's blown. If time is on your side, take manual shots at the enemy, and only switch to auto-targeting if the alarm's raised.
- When issuing a takedown, think very carefully before delivering a fatal blow. If you choose to eliminate the target, you'll create more noise - not good when there are other enemies nearby. Unless you have no other choice, give the enemy the silent treatment whenever you can.
- The radar system is your best friend, particularly when you have to execute a complex plan to clear a room without setting the alarm bells ringing. Take each enemy down when they're as far away as possible from their friends. That way you won't bring the whole cavalry down on yourself! Green arrows on the radar represent enemies who haven't been alerted to your presence - red enemies are on the prowl for you.
- Keep a close eye out for any bottles you see lying around the place. Some of these contain alcohol which will restore your health once drunk. If you swallow this stuff at 100% health, you'll get a health boost all the way up to 200 hit points, so its always worth quaffing up to this level.
- Dealing with mines can be a deadly business, and you should always keep your eyes peeled for these show-stopping devices. You've got two choices for getting rid of these silent threats. You can either shoot them from a distance, or approach very slowly to disable them manually.