Iron Force Cheats And Tips
Fancy a little World of Tanks action on the go? In that case, you'll probably want to check out Chillingo's Iron Force, a tank-battling game that hit the App Store last week. We gave this tense and strategic combat title a score of 3.5 out of 5 in our review on Friday, now here are our top hints and tips for getting started.
- When it comes to a free-for-all, there is no honor on the battlefield. Can you see two tanks going head to head around that corner? Wait until they've whittled each other's health down, then get in there and finish off the weakest combatant. If you're lucky, you'll get to take down the second guy straight afterwards too.
- Don't just sit out in the wide open so that anyone can get a shot at you from behind. Learn the best hiding spots on the maps so that you can make a surprise entrance - and an even more surprising retreat if the battle starts going against you. Look for gaps between buildings that you can squeeze into.
- The best way to learn a map is to take a defensive approach when you're playing the game. Try going through a couple of matches without trying to kill your opponents. See how long you can survive and stay out of your opponents' sights. The longer you live, the more opponents you can take down when you play offensively.
- Legions allow you to team up with other players when entering combat. You can create or join a Legion via the menu screen. Note that each Legion can only have a maximum of 50 members, and you may need to wait for your application to be approved by the Legion creator.
- Unless you've identified a particular weakness in your playstyle, it's best to upgrade your tank evenly across all categories in the Armory. Upgrading your Engine is a good shout in the early days, however, so that you can get out of danger quickly.
- Think very carefully before applying patterns to your tank of choice - the bonus effect each one provides only lasts for a limited amount of time. Make sure you have a solid window of play ahead of you before buying these expensive upgrades.