Sky Tourist Cheats And Tips
Sky Tourist hit the App Store last week and it gives platformer fans something genuinely new to get excited about. Two rockets are tethered with a rope, your fearless pilot is attached to this precarious contraption, and you'll need to carefully slide the rockets up and down to move him around each level. Sounds tricky? It is. We've put together some hints and tips to help you get to grips with the game.
- In later levels of the game, you'll have to contend with bright red laser beams blocking the path ahead. Don't touch these or you'll be forced to restart the game. Instead, look out for any nearby red buttons attached to the walls. Brushing against these will very often switch nearby beams off.
- Sometimes you'll have to jump through gaps of moving traffic to get to the next section. Get in position nearby, level off your rope rockets completely, and then swoop Peter through the gap quickly, and as soon as it appears.
- Don't forget that you can always backtrack through a level, so if progress seems impossible, head back to an earlier part of the level. There might be a hidden button that opens up the path much further ahead, or you might be able to manipulate an obstacle in a different way.
- When adjusting the angle of the rope tethering Petey to the rockets, be very slow and deliberate with your movements. If you stretch the rockets too far apart from each other, you'll snap the delicate rope holding him up - forcing you to either start the level again, or return to a checkpoint if you're lucky.
- If you're playing on the larger screen of an iPad, it can be very hard to hold the device at the same time as you manipulate each rocket. We found the trickier sections of the game much easier to negotiate by lying the iPad down on a surface, and using thumb-tips to delicately steer the rockets up and down the screen.
- There are three criteria for picking up all three stars on each level. First, you need to complete the level. Secondly, you need to grab every last cubelet spread around the screen. Thirdly, and to get the hardest star of all, you need to complete the level without making a single, rope-breaking mistake!
- As you travel up the screen, keep an eye out for the chunky multicolored cube cluster hidden somewhere on the level. Picking up this object is essential for opening up the exit point, so don't disregard it. Check the access points all around to deduce how to pick it up.