Every Hero Cheats and Tips
Save the day in style with our comprehensive guide to the game's characters and Wyvernite Armor locations.
Though it doesn't play like a typical platforming adventure, Every Hero is an adorable game that we think's well worth checking out, as you can probably tell from reading our review. You may need some help when it comes to getting used to your hats though, and making the most of this magical headgear that alters your character's abilities.
Here's a quick breakdown of how the characters work, as well as a guide to where you can locate the infamous Wyvernite Armor.
- The Knight is your basic assault character. Use him whenever you want to attack enemies on level ground. When approaching a Dragon as a Knight, they'll befriend you, jumping ahead and shooting flames at monsters from a distance.- The Oceaneer is a defenseless character, as their main ability is to swim fast through the ocean. Because of this, when you come across a dangerous enemy, you'll either need one of their allies - like the knife-carrying Scarfish - or you'll need to switch to a basic assault character, such as the Knight. Be careful though. If you sink too deep, you'll lose some health. Switch back to the Oceaneer once the enemies are out of the way so that you can reach the shore.
- The Wizard is ideal for attacking certain magical enemies, who usually appear in red and are vulnerable to all other attacks. You can also use the Wizard to activate machines that will help you get through later stages in the game.
- The Ninja doesn't offer much in the way of offensive power, beyond throwing stars that can be hurled towards distant enemies. However, the character's great at getting into locked doors and boxes, and can also run past treacherous traps.
- The Guardian is strictly a defensive character. Use it to deflect cannonballs and flames from turrets, as well as overhead attacks.
- The Hawk Knight can gain a great deal of height, jumping up to higher ledges that are out of reach for other characters. It can also find hidden areas this way, where pieces of the Wyvernite Armor sometimes lie.
- The Lancer can hop over fields of spikes which would otherwise do damage to characters, and can also team up with Froggua, an enormous frog capable of getting over patches of quicksand, and taking out fire-breathing enemies. If you see it, don't miss your chance to team up.
- The Bombadier can hurl bombs which are useful for defeating regular and Stone enemies. They can also get through stone walls and platforms, opening up new areas that would otherwise be inaccessible.
- The Blacksmith carries a hammer which admittedly isn't the best weapon in the world. However, it is useful for getting through chained doors and boxes, as well as beating armored foes. The character's also quite good at befriending beasts that can eat demon plants, which you'll find in later levels.
- Finally, the Archer is ideal for shooting enemies out of the sky, due to their handy firing range. They can also hit enemies from a distance, and trigger traps that would otherwise spell doom in close proximity
- Switching characters takes some time to get used to, but you'll have plenty of time to practice, and achieve a better time on each stage. Take your time and learn their abilities. You'll need them all, especially for two-character battles that require complimentary styles - a Bombadier and Archer for close-range and long-distance fighting, for example.
- Finally, to get that all-important Wyvernite Armor, go to the following places.
Fragment 1 is in World 1, Stage 5, on the upper path. Use the Hawk Knight to get there.
Fragment 2 is located in World 2, Stage 3. Go uphill and use the Hawk Knight to reach the upper platform. He'll automatically go up to collect the piece.
Fragment 3 can be found in World 3, Stage 1. You'll see a sign prompting you to jump with the Hawk Knight. Don't. Instead, you'll need to go to a lower platform to pick up the piece.
Fragment 4 is in World 4, Stage 4. Take the highest path with the Oceaneer, riding up those water geysers with ease.
Fragment 5 can be found in World 5, Stage 9. Leave the top tower and take a flight with the Griffacores, then drop down when you see the armor come into view