Skate Madness Cheats and Tips
Lincstar Technologies' Skate Madness provides a twist on the usual free-running theme, with lead character Hopsin riding aboard a skateboard while picking up power-ups to stay one step ahead of evil monkeys. With our helpful tips, you can keep your run going to unimaginable new heights.
- You can actually change lanes while you're jumping in mid-air. Simply launch Hopsin in the air with an upward swipe, then swipe left or right to have him switch sides. He'll easily hop over to another platform to collect more fruit, or move past a rock that could otherwise end his run.
- It's not a good idea to run into too many obstacles, as angry monkeys are constantly in pursuit, and will catch up to you if you lose momentum. Thankfully, it's easy to lose them again, either by grinding on a log or hopping to a higher-up platform. Just don't forget to keep moving.
- Several power-ups appear over the course of the game that will help your fruit count, which in turn can get you additional goods and outfits for the game. Your best bet is to pick up the score multiplier, which appears in shiny bold lettering on higher platforms. Pick it up and your fruit count will multiply rapidly - anywhere between three to five times, depending on the icon.
- When you see the funk volume power-up - which looks like a letter F combined with a musical note - don't miss out on picking it up. Not only does it rockets you a few hundred feet further into the level, you'll also collect any fruit you pass by on the ground. You can also buy a funk volume power-up for 2500 fruits.
- Though we're not certain how it manages to attract fruit - is there metal inside or something? - the magnet is useful for hooverign it up. It also allows Hopsin to focus on avoiding obstacles, while any nearby fruit is automatically acquired. If you want to purchase one from the shop, it'll cost you 2500 fruits.
- The jet power-up is good for outrunning monkeys and picking up your speed, but it's probably the weakest in the bunch. It not only hampers your ability to collect fruit, but it also makes hitting an obstacle and ending your run much likelier. Try to save this particular power-up for more open sections in the game, such as downhill areas.
- Watch yourself when you're coming off of ramps into a jump. Chances are if you hit it too early, you're going to run smack dab into the platform you're jumping on. Time it so that you jump right at the tip of the ramp, and you'll make it to the upper platform just fine. When you jump back down, make sure you have an open spot to land on, so you don't accidentally run into an obstacle that can end your turn!