Perfect Kick Cheats And Tips
We'll help you perfect your shootout technique.
Perfect Kick, Chillingo's new penalty shootout game, may not have quite the same finesses as the likes of Flick Kick Football, but we were still pretty taken with the game when we reviewed it earlier today. Here are some useful hints and tips to help you take down the competition online.
- If you're playing a match against a random opponent online, stick to the low shots right along the bottom of the goal-mouth - people hate it. It's the toughest spot for the goalkeeper to read as an approach and a landing spot. A gentle, short finger-swipe into the bottom left or right hand corner of the net will win you a surprising number of shootouts.
- When you're playing in goal, don't be too quick to make your move. Think about the speed and angle of the approaching shot, and only make your move when you absolutely have to. You don't want to go too early, or too late, and a little practise will help you find this middle ground before long.
- Mix up your shots! Tempting though it is to use your killer move on the pitch, you need to spice things up a little - otherwise you're just giving your opponent a heads-up. Of course, if you have a particularly deadly shot you can always lure them into a trap, but this is a high risk strategy.
- While it is possible to add a curve to your shots, in practice we found that we won more matches by being clever with our positioning, rather than shaping the kick. In the early days, focus on refining your accuracy and applying the correct power. Once you have this refined you can look into the more advanced techniques.
- To really cause someone a headache online, another shot you might want to think about is the high lob. Kick high and down the center, but apply only a little bit of force. More often than not, people will react too quickly to this shot, and find themselves lying down on the ground while your slow ball sails over their head!
- Don't forget to equip any of the gear you've picked up. Go into the equipment screen and scroll through what's available to you. Items in white won't cost you any money, but items marked in green will require some coins - either from the game or from your wallet via the in-app purchase store. You should always equip the white items at least to remain competitive.