Asphalt 8: Airborne Cheats and Tips - Barcelona
Asphalt 8 Track Tips
Gameloft's Asphalt 8: Airborne is due to hit the iOS and Android app stores later on this week, and racing fans everywhere can look forward to getting stuck into some gorgeous raceways from around the world. All this week, we'll be checking out each track, providing strategies to help you get the most out of your races.
First stop, Barcelona. This town may look peaceful and quaint, but things will soon liven up when you and seven competitors start tearing through it. Here are some tips to help you out.
- After starting the race, you'll come upon a sharp right turn. Use this to your advantage and initiate a tight drift. Not only will you gain the lead over a couple of cars, but you'll also earn some boost power, which you'll need for later on.
- Once you get through the turn, the road will divide up into upper and lower tiers. Both have their advantages. On the lower end - the beach - you'll have access to a number of straight and corkscrew maps that will give you some big air, increasing your boost potential. If you stick with the upper path, you'll be treated to blue and gold boosts to help keep your speed going. If you take the lower path but want to move higher, don't worry - the ramps will allow you to do so.
- There are a number of straights on this track. Use these to your advantage with your boosts, bashing into enemies to cause trouble and get ahead of the pack. Remember that with each takedown you complete awards you a little more boost energy.
- Once you get through the straight sections, you'll come to a series of ramps that will shoot you high over the water. It's important that you have some boost in the bank, as you'll want to clear these gaps cleanly. Clearing the first one is vital if you're to make it over the cruise ship. Just hit the boost a second or two before getting to the ramp, and gain yourself a serious aerial advantage.
- For the following two ramps, space is going to be tighter than elsewhere. Make sure you aim for as close to the center of the road as you possibly can. Straying too far off could very easily cause a nasty collision with the posts on the sides.
- After clearing the ramps, you'll come across divided paths further into the city. No matter which path you take, you'll end up in the same spot - and you'll run into a fair number of boosts. Just make sure you watch out for the glowing arrows, so you don't accidentally run into a building. You can take a tunnel path, but most of your opposition will go the same way, and could hog your boosts. Stay above ground.
- Finally, the last part of the track has you jumping down onto the road where the tunnel opens out. This is a great opportunity to land on the opposition coming that way, and gain some extra boost in time for that last-second push for the finish line. Save the juice up for when you really need it.
Asphalt 8: Airborne releases on August 22nd for iOS and Android.