Asphalt 8: Airborne Cheats And Tips - Tokyo
Asphalt 8 Track Tips
Asphalt 8: Airborne's due to hit the iOS and Android app stores later on this week, and we've been busy checking out every track, and providing you with strategies so you can get the most out of your races.
Today, we're making a stop in Tokyo. This track will put your racing skills to the test, but with our help you'll conquer it in no time.
- When you first start the race, try to get to the furthest left or right side of the road. Nitros will be coming up a few seconds in, and the glut of AI drivers will already be hogging the gold nitro in the center. Grab the blue stuff on the outside corners instead - it's a smaller amount, but you're guaranteed to get it most of the time.
- Once you make your way around the big turn, you'll have the option of taking the left or the right route. Go right, mainly because you'll have access to ramps. These will allow you to get some big air, earning you more boost in the process. Just make sure you watch out for buses - you'll see them flashing their headlights at you. Collide into them and you'll quickly slide down to last place.
- When you're coming off the first ramp, you'll need to clear some distance over the truck to collect the yellow nitro. Simply boost as you hit the ramp, and you'll get the necessary speed to sail right over. You may still grab the nitro without this speed, but hitting the truck with your tires will slow you down.
- Once you get past the second hairpin turn, you'll have the opportunity to either drive through a lavish building, or go around the sides. Go ahead and zip through the building. You'll save a couple of seconds of time, and catch a nice bit of air as you come through the glass.
- When it comes to the next route to take, the left path is a little bit faster, but the one to the right will take you to a bridge that has plenty of corkscrew and regular ramps - ample opportunity to fill up your nitro tank. Either way you go you'll still stay in the hunt, so choose whichever you prefer.
- After coming off the bridge and passing beneath a couple of monuments, you'll see a giant mech robot standing up on the right side of the track. Right after you've passed him, drift and take the immediate left path - not the one in front of you, but the road to the left of that. This is a much shorter route that takes you over buildings, with extra opportunities to earn boost through jumping. Once finished with these jumps, you'll be primed to make one last push for the finishing line.
Asphalt 8: Airborne releases on August 22nd for iOS and Android devices.