Five Fascinating Facts From Apple's October 22 Reveal
We're still waiting to find out if the iPad 5 and the iPad Mini 2 are actual real things [Edit: They are! Check the links above], but in the opening moments of Apple's reveal event today, CEO Tim Cook has revealed some fascinating facts about the company's recent achievements. Here's what you might have missed.
- The company sold 9 million iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S units during the devices' launch weekend.
- Despite the naysayers, iOS 7 has been downloaded onto around 200 million devices, and within five days of launch. Apple claims this is the fastest software upgrade uptake in history.
- Approximately two-thirds (64%) of all relevant devices are running iOS 7.
- Justin Timberlake is - apparently - rather fond of iTunes Radio. Name-checking aside, Apple is claiming that 20 million users have listened to more than a billion iTunes Radio songs in the US alone.
- The big one. The App Store now hosts more than a million apps, which have in total been downloaded more than 60 billion times. The result for developers? $13billion in the bank, apparently.
Keep an eye on our home page for all the latest from Apple's showcase event.