Fright Heights Cheats And Tips
Scared to give Fright Heights another go? Read our guide first.
It's a complicated game to get a feel for in the early days though, so we've put together some essential tips to help you on your way.
- Your instinct will be to solve each floor one by one, starting at the one nearest the bottom, but you should avoid this. Start by solving the uppermost floor on the screen, then working your way downwards. That way you won't find yourself stuck to complete a level with the blocks you have left over.
- Got a long line of spooky blocks coming up that you don't need? Pepper them around floors that have already been set up nicely. That way you'll not only get access to hotel guests sooner, you'll also increase the spookiness of each floor, and get a much higher score when it's cleared.
- Whenever you place a ghoulish block in the game, try to get the maximum benefit that you can from its placement - make sure you get use out of every edge, in other words. This is where spreading out your hotel guests really helps, as you increase your chance of spreading the spook's influence!
- If you've reached the top floor and don't think you can finish off the job with the gaps left over, activate your Talisman power - sometimes this will give you just the tool you need to finish off a particularly problematic level.
- Certain levels will not just force you to clear every floor of the hotel, you'll also have to achieve a certain spookiness rating to proceed. When you find yourself in these levels, make sure you're spreading the fear out so that every side of every monster is having an effect on someone.
- Those pesky, camera-wielding characters who reduce the spookiness of your ghosts and ghouls can be a real pain in the neck. Try placing them in the corners of the screen to minimize their impact on your careful plans.
- When placing a guest in Fright Heights, try to avoid placing them against a wall. If you put them next to the sides, they'll never get the benefit of a monster's spookiness from that side. Every little bit of fear helps, particularly in the later levels of the game.
- There are three different Talisman's you can make use of in Fright Heights. Here's the low-down on each one:
This Talisman might be the most basic of the three, but it can still save you from failure. Activating Soul Swap will turn the next guest into an extra-scary monster - very useful when you need an additional boost of fear to finish off a level.
This ridiculously powerful Talisman will double the power of every single spook in your line-up. It's a little bit over-powered if you ask us, but it can certainly dig you out of a hole!
This terrifying Talisman creates a monster that will clear out an entire floor. Useful if you've made it to the top of the tower but can't quite finish off the final floor.
Download Fright Heights - iPhone & iPad