Anomaly 2 iPhone & iPad Cheats And Tips
We gave Anomaly 2 a solid score of 4 out of 5 in our review yesterday, and while it's largely a case of more of the same for this tower-defense series with a twist, it's an excellent game that will satisfy any strategy fan.
If you're new to the series, you'll probably appreciate a few helpful hints and tips, so we've put together our complete breakdown of how to master the basics of the game.
- Make sure you use the very useful repair ability in the most efficient way possible. Don't plonk it down on top of the damaged unit - instead, place it just ahead of your convoy so that every unit passing through gets the maximum benefit. Note the radius of the healing aura's effect so that you can make its use go further.
- Keep an eye out for tappable repair ability top-ups too. While it's important to remain aware of upcoming threats, don't forget to check the locations of any enemies you've destroyed too. Very often they'll drop a repair tool for you.
- Don't forget to morph your units when the situation calls for it. Make sure you familiarize yourself with what each variation of every unit is capable of, so that you can switch your offensive force to whatever the current challenge requires.
- The pathing route you lay out for your squad is not set in stone, and if you run into difficulties you should definitely consider changing it. Tap on the route icon on the left-hand side of the screen, and take a safer, shorter route if your forces are in trouble, or go a little deeper if you're in top fighting condition.
- Survival of your own forces, and annihilation of the enemy's, should of course always be your first priority, but make your routes as efficient as you can. The faster you clear the course, the more bonus points you get, so don't cover old ground needlessly.
- It's easy to forget that you can update your units as you make your way through a mission and pick up more cash. You can upgrade your fighting force by hitting the Squad option and then tapping on individual fighters.
- If you've run out of repairs and are running the risk of losing a critical unit, you can change the formation layout of your squad to move the damaged unit out of range. Simply tap on the Squad icon and then hold down on the unit to move it left and right in the line-up. This is particularly useful when you're close to the end of a mission, and don't want to lose a medal because of casualties.
- Don't lay your decoys down too early in Anomaly 2. While they're very useful for diverting the attention of powerful enemies away from your units, they only last for a limited time. Once they're shot down, they're gone - and you want to make sure your own army has had a good crack at the enemy before that happens.
- Likewise, the EMP ability is a powerful way of getting your damaged units to the finishing line, but this ability doesn't last forever. When exactly you place it will depend on the enemy's firing range - make sure you place it just before your units come within range of the threat.
- In the game's help menu, you can get a closer look at each unit and tower type in the game. Understanding each unit's strengths and weaknesses, not to mention those of the enemy towers, is key to beating the game on the harder difficulty setting. A little time spent understanding the fundamentals here pays off huge dividends.
Download Anomaly 2 - iPhone & iPad