Soccer Moves Cheats And Tips
Soccer Moves is out now on the iOS & Android app stores, and it'll certainly please any soccer fan who's prepared to battle through the game's rather confusing introduction. To help you on your way, we've put together some useful hints and tips for the game.
- There are two ways to make more money in Soccer Moves. First of all, practice that gold star kick until you've got it mastered. This shouldn't take too long at all, but always take your time before releasing your finger from the screen. The second way to get more money is to complete the bonus objectives attached to each level. See how you can use other players on the pitch to bring home that valuable extra currency.
- If you want to unlock more levels in Soccer Moves, you're going to need some of that gold currency, but what if you're just short of enough cash? Before you head to the in-app purchase store, make sure you've rinsed every last bit of cash from earlier, easier levels. Are you sure you've nailed every easy bonus objective in the game?
There are six different power-ups you can make use of the game. Here's the low-down on how each one works - and when they're worth using:
The Chill Drink is great if you're struggling to beat that shooting mini-game. Taking a swig of this will slow the timer down considerably, but note that each use of the power-up will cost you 250 Gold - so make sure you're making more money than you're spending.
Struggling to get past the goalkeeper? Making use of the Speed Boots will certainly give you the edge, and allow you to run a little further with each move you make. Useful if you need to inch just a little closer to goal before making a shot too.
If you're struggling to bring a player into the correct position, consider making use of the Power Boots in Soccer Moves. This will allow a player to pass much further, which helps open up scoring opportunities if you've become really stuck on a level.
Taking a swig of this drink will increase your players' accuracy, while deadening the goalkeeper's senses, making it much easier to score against him.
If you've really made a mess of things, you can activate the Rewind power-up to undo your last move. Don't waste these on early levels that are comprised of minimal movements - save 'em up for the really tough later levels.
If you're really and truly found yourself defeated by a level, think about using this powerful upgrade. Once you've purchased it, head to the level screen and tap on a level to have it automatically cleared.
- While you might think they make the game much trickier, those bonus objectives often offer up a very good guide for how the level should be completed. If you're challenged to score from a certain position, work out which player can get there the easiest, and then work the passes back from there.
- Keep an eye on the blue, tiled grids that surround each defender. Each defender type will have a different layout, and you can use these visual markers to determine your opponent's weak areas of coverage.
- If you're challenged to dodge a hard man's swinging punch, you'll need to run your dribbler just next to his area of influence. Don't actually run through any of his blue defensive squares, but do graze them ever so slightly. These are easy to nail with a bit of practice.
- If you really can't complete a bonus objective, try to simplify things as much as possible and just bust through the level. Forget fancy footwork, and instead just concentrate on using every available move to bring your striker into a nice clean shooting position.
As you play through the game, you'll slowly unlock new moves that should help you through even the tightest of challenges. Here's a look at each one:
The Dribble move allows you to dribble straight past those troublesome defenders. Timing is everything here though, so make sure you get plenty of practice in with this powerful move.
The Pro Dribble is essentially the same as the Dribble, with one very important difference. You'll no longer have to worry about that precision timing to pull off some seriously impressive moves on the pitch.
Can't quite get the ball into position for beating the keeper? Try a little chip-shot for sending it clean over their heads. Again, you'll need a keen sense of timing to pull off this powerful move.
The pro version of the Chip shot is just as powerful, but doesn't require those all-important timing skills to pull off.
When you've tried everything else, how about putting a little extra curve on the ball to send it sailing passed the keeper? The Curve Shot will help you do just that.
Pro Curve Shot
Just like the other skills available in Soccer Moves, there's a Pro version of the Curve Shot that will take some of that timing pain away from proceedings.