Rayman Fiesta Run Cheats And Tips
Our guide to bagging every last Lum in the new Rayman game.
Rayman Fiesta Run hit the App Store at the end of last week, and it impressed us enough to pick up a solid score of 4 out of 5 in our review. Here are some useful hints and tips we picked up during our playthrough.
- It can get very, very tight when it comes to having enough Lums to unlock a new batch of levels in Rayman Fiesta Run. If you find yourself just short of the number you need, don't head to the in-app purchase shop right away - go back to the beginning of the game and see if you can do better at some of the earlier, easier challenges. That got us through more than a couple of tight spots.
- Timing can be very important when it comes to hoovering up all of your lost chums. Sometimes you need to wait just a little longer before making your jump, whether that's to allow a spread-out group to cluster together, or just have them form a line that matches your trajectory. Practice will help get you past a trial-and-error approach to these tricky clusters.
- If you want to achieve a Crown on a level, you need to gather all 100 Lums contained within it. Easier said than done. Tempting though it is to simply plough through the game as quickly as possible, consider restarting a level while it's fresh in the mind. That way, if you're the type who has to get a perfect score in each level, it'll take you less time overall.
- The game gives out a bit of a confusing message in the early days, with a suggestion that you should avoid the mushrooms in a level. These aren't deadly, but they do shift the plane that Rayman runs along. Clever use of these mushrooms is actually essential if you're to gather up every last Lum on a stage.
- Think you're really ready for a stiff challenge? If you can achieve a Crown rating on a level, you'll unlock an even tougher version of it. You'll know this has happened when the new tappable level appears right above your Crowned stage. Expect even tougher leaps in these levels, and be prepared to come a cropper!
- If you want to unlock new characters and skins in Rayman Fiesta Run, you'll need to reach certain progress milestones within the game. As you complete levels, you'll work your way through the sprawling map, and gradually unlock new items you can equip with just a tap or two.
- If you really want a helping head at getting all those Lums, activate the 80 Lum power-up at the start of a level. This will show you a trail that spreads right throughout the stage, and you'll even be given markers for when to leap. Very handy indeed.
Download Rayman Fiesta Run - iPhone & iPad