QuizUp Cheats And Tips
QuizUp's racing its way up the App Store charts, and it's no surprise when you consider just how much content is packed into this gigantic trivia app. There are hundreds of individual categories to choose from, so we've put together some general hints and tips that should help you master the game.
- If you want to level up faster in QuizUp, don't quit any matches you take part in, even if you're losing badly. You get a decent chunk of XP for finishing off a match, win or lose. Matches don't take long to finish off, and those chunks of bonus XP all add up in the end.
- Win or lose, don't be too hasty to move onto the next match. Scroll down the results screen and you'll get a handy refresher of every single question asked during the match. If you swipe left and right on the questions, you'll be able to review your answers - and ensure you don't make any wrong choices the next time around.
- Want to go head to head against an opponent you played earlier? Select the Challenge option from the post-match screen, and you'll be able to send them a request to do battle again. We don't recommend starting your turn without them if they're strangers though - more often than not, they won't turn up if you didn't get your invitation out quickly.
- We got our most enjoyable battles from the General Knowledge category. There's much more variety to be found here, and so you've got a much more even chance of winning against your opponent. Be wary of selecting areas of expertise - it's likely other experts have done precisely the same!
- Questions do cycle around every so often, so it's important to pay attention to any wrong answers you give, rather than getting frustrated and rushing onto the next one. Take a moment between answers to absorb the correct solution, and keep it in mind for next time. The longer you play, the more unusual scraps of knowledge you'll pick up. They all add up.
- If you've logged in via Facebook, or shared your log-in name with friends, you'll be able to view everyone's current rankings. Each subject has a drop-down menu that allows you to view global, local and friends list rankings.
- Want to personalize your profile just a little bit more? Hit the three horizontal lines at the top-right of the screen, and you'll see a drop-down menu appear. Hit Settings, then Profile at the top of the screen, and you'll see the option to edit your wallpaper. Once selected, you can either take a photo using your device, or choose a photo you've already taken as your icon.
- Have a good browse through each category, as certain subjects contain sub-genres. For example, the TV Show section contains popular titles like Breaking Bad - great if you want to challenge your knowledge of a specific show. This also helps you avoid region-specific titles that might otherwise put you at an unfair disadvantage.
Download QuizUp - iPhone & iPad