Tilt To Live 2 Cheats And Tips
Everything you need to know about getting a new high score.
Tilt To Live 2 is a simple but addictive game where the only challenge is to steep your ship away from clusters of enemies, while detonating destructive power-ups that clear the screen of danger. We reviewed the game earlier on today, now here are our essential tips for getting a higher score.
- With a little practice, it becomes much easier to hit the bullseye of the post-game target. Concentrate on off-setting the rapid movement of your ship with some equally fast tilting and slowly - very slowly - guide the ship in the direction of the bullseye. As you get closer, and your ship slows down, increase the degree of your tilting to eke it just into the center. Practice makes perfect here, and it's well worth it.
- There's an awesome "lightsaber" power-up in Tilt To Live 2 that will slice cleanly through any enemies it comes into contact with. Be aware though that there's a light pause between picking this item up and actually using it - and that pause can seriously put you off your game and lead to a collision. If you've grabbed the purple power-up, be prepared for this temporary pause.
- As a general rule, you don't want to be staying still in Tilt To Live 2. Instead, keep your ship moving around the screen in a circular fashion, with the enemies clustering nearby to you. Not only does this mean your explosions will take out more enemies, you'll find it much easier to focus purely on ship movement, rather than detonations as well. Trust us - you will pick up power-ups along the way.
- Be aware that the type of power-up you gain may well not be the one you were aiming for when you started moving your ship towards it! Certain power-ups cycle between effects, so make sure your strategic approach to the enemies nearby is not based on any particular power!
- Do not try to kill anything that isn't a dot using the floating power orbs - they won't have any effect at all. Instead, look at the structure of these mini-bosses, and see if there's anything that sticks up and might represent a weak spot. Head straight into these weak areas and you'll do a little damage to these special enemies.
- The value of enemy dots increases as you kill them overall, so the longer you can last in the game, the greater opportunities you have for achieving a high score. If you're chasing a new high score, make sure you're doing everything you can to obliterate the early stages as quickly as possible, so you can get stuck into the meat of the game quickly.
- There's another way to get a better score in Tilt To Live 2. Performing certain aerobatic maneuvers on the screen will give you a temporary bonus, and if you can keep those tricks coming in a chain, the effect will last longer. Try skirting the edge of the walls for five seconds or so to get the wall riding bonus, for example.
Download Tilt To Live 2: Redonlulous - iPhone & iPad