Knack's Quest Cheats And Tips
We'll help you get the knack of this addictive new game.
Knack's Quest isn't just good for scratching that PlayStation 4 itch on the go, you can also unlock some very useful new Gadget parts for your game back at home, just by playing on your mobile. It's a pretty simple match-three game, but here are some very useful tips for scoring big - and unlocking those parts much faster.
- To unlock a new stage in Knack's Quest, you need to clear through three levels of the previous stage. You'll see your robotic contraption grow as you clear each level. Once he's reached his biggest size, the next stage in line will unlock.
- Even if you have to fumble around for a while to find your PlayStation Network log-in credentials, do sign in at the beginning of the game. You'll be whisked off to a Safari page to add your e-mail and password, but once you do this you'll earn some special rewards for Knack on your PlayStation 4 as you play on your mobile.
- The match-three gameplay is pretty simple Knack's Quest, but there are ways of bagging a much bigger points score. The most important thing to do is try to keep your combos going for as long as as possible, and make more than one match with each move. This will cause a very welcome bonus pile of points as the match-ups detonate.
- When your combo meter is completely full, you'll be able to unleash a devastating attack that clears the board of any one tile type that you select. In our experience, you get a much much bigger score by waiting for the power meter to fully charge, rather than using earlier powers. Just don't forget to use it!
- Need more time in Knack's Quest? Keep matching furiously. Every time you make a successful match, you'll get a little more time added to the clock - essential if you're to make it to the next level. As you make one move, look straight away for the next match-up opportunity, and be ready to move to it to keep the time bonus flowing.
- Keep replaying levels until you've reached the threshold for getting the bonus Gadget part on each level. You won't be able to unlock everything you need for Knack on PlayStation 4 via the mobile app, but it will help you get ahead of the game. Hey, you might as well if you've nothing better to do on the bus!
- If you're really getting tight for time, don't forget that you can start work on a new match-up, while the combo you've just created is still playing out. Don't hesitate to get started on the next match-up, but do be aware that the touchscreen responsiveness is a little sticky - be careful not to lose your accumulated combo by rushing too much.
- Not sure what parts you have left to complete? Hit the crate icon at the bottom of the screen, and you'll be taken to the Collections menu which shows you what you've managed to unlock so far, and how many Gadget Parts you still need to complete a Collection.
- Once you reach the Stealth levels in Knack's Quest, things get considerably tougher. This is where you'll face special Glass tiles that can only be removed by clearing adjacent tiles with matches. Focus on small, frequent matches here, rather than worrying about creating massive match-ups. It's much better to give yourself an open board while there's still Glass lying around the place.
- To unlock Endless mode in Knack's Quest - where you race against the clock to get the highest score possible - you're going to need to successfully complete each stage of the game first. It'll take a little while, but if you've followed our hints and tips you should have no trouble reaching this very satisfying mode.
Download Knack's Quest - iPhone & iPad