Epoch 2 Cheats And Tips
Epoch 2 hit the App Store at the end of last week, and it's a very worthy successor to the original game. Struggling to stay alive in some of the trickier campaign missions? Take a look through all of our top hints and tips for the game.
- The first golden rule for staying alive longer in EPOCH 2 is to move constantly from one position to another. Most of the time you'll be assaulted by rapid fire weaponry, and so staying agile will keep the worst of the shots at bay. Certain enemies launch massive missiles though - wait for the throwing animation to begin before you move out of the way, otherwise you run the risk of being hit.
- The second big rule in the game is to keep an extremely close eye on your ammo. There's no point being out of cover if you can't take a single shot, and are simply waiting there like a sitting duck! As you're running out of ammunition, be sure to get near a place you can take cover behind while you make your emergency refill.
- You'll also come under attack from melee opponents during your play through Epoch 2. When these moments come, you must wait for the melee animation to begin before carefully sliding out of the way. Sometimes you'll have to take part in a tapping mini-game to survive a particular onslaught - just tap away in the circle as fast as you can to push out the circular outline and fend the enemy off.
- Use your special boosts as efficiently as possible. Only under unusual circumstances should you waste one of your powerful missiles on a nearby weakened enemy - save it up for the hovering, skittish enemies that don't just dance out of the way of your guns, but also need a severe shot to send them packing.
- If you see a circle appear over the enemy you're currently fighting, tap on it quickly to start a lethal take-down. You'll leap over any obstacles that are in the way, get right up in the enemy's face, and finish them off before they know what's hit them.
- As soon as you're a single shot away from finishing off your current target, get an eye on the next enemy as quickly as possible. Most enemies take a little while to set their sights on you and get a shot off, so the earlier you can get your own initial volley off, the quicker they'll go down too.
- If your enemy's taken cover, and there's another target nearby, do think about switching targets temporarily, but only if you've got enough ammo in the chamber to do some damage, while leaving you enough bullets to finish off the first job. This is a neat way of juggling kills back and forth, and keeping things moving along at a brisk pace.
- If you've completely come a cropper on the battlefield, think about upgrading your fighter in the Scrapyard area of the interface. From here, you can not only improve the power of your weapons, but also add a few defensive improvements that should help you ultimately muddle through even the trickiest campaign challenges.
- Once you've completed a section of the campaign, you'll be able to go back and complete it in a handful of different ways. In Iron Mode, for example, you'll have to go back and kick the you-know-what out of even tougher enemies, while Time Trial forces you to complete every checkpoint within a certain amount of time. You must complete the vanilla version of a level before these unlock, however.
- Always prioritize enemies that are moving towards you. You can almost always avoid the worst of a long-range assault simply by taking cover, but enemies that swarm towards you will damage your health if you don't dispatch them quickly.
Download Epoch 2 - iPhone & iPad