Socom PSP Sequel Coming
First details begin to surface
EB sure is being nice tonight, providing us with so much information on previously unknown titles. It would seem that another Socom game is in the works for the PSP, aptly named Socom US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 2, and the unofficial confirmation comes by way of a game listing on the video game retailer's website.
Like the Ratchet & Clank article posted before it, the above link probably won't be working for very long, so here's some more info that we've managed to grab onto.
* Command a secret subset of the most elite and deadly fighting force on the planet.
* Defend America and her allies through broad combat experiences - including dynamic non-linear missions, 40 deadly and authentic real world weapons, and multiple terrain types, weather conditions, enemy types, and encounter possibilities.
* Command Equity system provides rewards for how well core aspects of a mission are completed, while Local Influence rewards those who help local causes and limit civilian casualties. Use them to gain access to new weapons, equipment, intel, air-strikes and local support.
* Battle through 10 new multiplayer maps, as well as most of the original Fireteam Bravo maps, and three new game types (Tug of War, Capture the Flag, Target) playable in Infrastructure Mode and Ad Hoc modes.
* Enhanced Crosstalk with SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault, including a single story arc, and all new action events and unlockables.
* Association with Naval Special Warfare ensures realistic SEAL team tactics, missions, weapons and character movements.
* Asymmetrical mission structure allows players to play missions in any order they want. Completed mission areas can open new missions and objectives for the player to complete.